Potential Health Benefits of Himalayan Salts
Himalayan pink salt
Himalayan pink salt was formed 250 million years ago and so is free from modern pollutants.
It contains 84 different minerals and trace elements that are naturally found in the human body. These elements have the most perfect geometric structure possible in rock crystals. Therefore, it is a very supportive and nourishing substance both physically and spiritually.
One of the best ways to harness its powers is to bathe in it. As the Himalayan pink salt dissolves it binds the water to the outer layer of your skin, preserving moisture so it has a hydrating effect. Toxins are released from your body into the warm water of the bath, while your skin absorbs the healthy elements from the Himalayan pink salt. Submersing yourself in Himalayan salt brine can also help balance negative and positive ions, boosting your mood and levelling spiritual wellness.
- Aids vascular health
- Supports healthy lungs and respiratory function
- Promotes a stable pH balance within the cells
- Promotes healthy sleep patterns
- Prevents muscle cramps
- Increases hydration
- Strengthens bones
- Helps regulate blood pressure
- Improves circulation, detoxifying the body of heavy metals
Himalayan pink salt bath:
- Add 250g into a hot bath, last thing at night.
- Lie back and soak for 20 mins
- Go straight to bed and rest/sleep
- Repeat up to 3 times a week, as necessary
If you don’t feel like a bath, have a foot soak, just decrease the volume of salts you add to the water.
Face/Sinus steam bath: Dissolve a handful of Himalayan pink salt into a bowl of hot water. Pop your head over the bowl (not too close so you don't burn your face), and cover your head with a towel. Inhale the steam through your nose for a few minutes to help relieve any sinus congestion. Repeat until symptoms disappear.
Himalayan salt sole:
- Fill a glass jar about 1/4 of the way with Himalayan pink salt, either ground or in chunks. Fill the rest of the jar with filtered water. Add a plastic lid (not metal!), shake and let it sit overnight. You should always have some undissolved salt in the jar, this means the water is fully saturated. Add more salt if needed.
- In the morning upon waking, take 1 tsp. of sole, mixed with some water at room temperature. Never use metal utensils with your sole!
- Keep refilling your jar with salt and water when it runs low. It lasts indefinitely!